Datscha Radio is a mobile, site-responsive transmission project maintained and organized by Gabi Schaffner in collaboration with local and digital networks of sound (and radio) artists, gardeners, scientists and DIY people. Datscha Radio uses “the garden” and the practice of radio both as metaphor and method to organize and share knowledge and (cultural) concepts of growth.
When not actively on air Datscha Radio is continuously maintained as a blog and archive for documenting on the ecological/garden-related topics encountered by the artist in the pursuit of her work.
- Open Call: ‘OrchardFruitRadio’ 2023
- Art Ii Catalogue 2023
- Radiogardening in Thuringia 2023
- Harakka Radio – The Summaries 2023
- Harakka Radio 2023
- Format Radio 23.07.22 2022
- Open Call: Air on Air 2022
- Datscha Radio@ii biennal 2022 2022
- Kaamos Radio. Finland 2021
- Waste Culture on Common Waves 2020
- Nachtgartenkosmos 4 Cashmere Radio 2020
- Listening to the Universe – Radiophonien des Alls 2020
- May 17: “Radio Garten” at Kunstradio Vienna 2020
- In A Nutshell 2020
- Night Gardening I-III 2019
Datscha Radio’s unique combination of discourse, artistic practice, event and (partly nomadic) radio making creates a platform for sharing and communication that facilitates not only my own work but also the work of other artists and radio makers. Founded in cooperation with Pit Schultz/reboot.fm, 2012.
For full documentation, go to datscharadio.de